Urnex Cafiza Home Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Designed for home super automatic and traditional espresso machines
- Formulated for controlled solubility, easy rinsing and powerful cleaning
- NSF certified for metal compatibility and safety
- Packaged on a blister card, provides 8 cleanings per carton
For use on Automatic Espresso Machines
If the machine has a cleaning program:
- Insert one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in specified machine opening and follow manufacturer’s “Maintenance and Cleaning” instructions for the machine’s cleaning cycle.
If the machine does not have a programmed cleaning cycle, but has a pre-ground coffee or bypass chute:
- Put one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in the pre-ground coffee chute and place a cup under the coffee spout.
- Press the button corresponding to brewing with pre-ground coffee.
- When half a cup of water has been discharged, switch the appliance off for 5 minutes to let the solution take effect inside of the machine.
- Switch the appliance back on again to end the cycle.
- Repeat this cycle a minimum of 3 additional times to rinse, but do not add additional tablets to the machine (to ensure that all cleaning solution has come out the machine).
- Remove the coffee dispensing unit and rinse it carefully using clean water.
- Before using the appliance again, prepare two cups of coffee, by pressing the button corresponding to brewing with pre-ground coffee, but without adding any coffee, and then throw them away.
- To clean the drip tray, place an Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet inside, and fill it up 2/3 full with hot water. Let the cleaning solution take effect for about 30 minutes, then rinse abundantly.
If the machine does not have a pre-ground coffee chute:
- Place one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in a cup and fill it with hot water.
- Remove the coffee dispensing unit and clean the filters and the dispensing channel with the prepared cleaning solution.
- Let the solution take effect for at least five minutes and repeat this operation a minimum of three times.
- Rinse the coffee dispensing unit abundantly with clean water and install it again.
- To clean the drip tray, place an Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet inside and fill it up to 2/3 full with hot water. Let the cleaning solution take effect for about 30 minutes and rinse abundantly.